Why does everyone keep talking about Thieves essential oil like it is so great? And furthermore, what is with the name? Keep reading to find out why this is one oil I will always have in stock for my family and home.
First let’s talk about the name. This oil actually got it’s name from a bunch of thieves! Crazy, right? Well, according to historical archives, back in 15th century France, there were a group of thieves who were able to steal from those who had died or were dying from the plague without ending up dead themselves. Of course they were caught, and when they were brought before the king they traded their secret in exchange for leniency. Turns out they were spice merchants who had been stranded in the city and had to steal to survive, and were able to effectively support their immune system and remain in good health by anointing themselves with certain herbs and spices. The Thieves oil blend contains those same spices, and so was named in recognition of those men.
The Thieves oil blend has been university tested for its cleansing abilities, and like I mentioned above, is highly effective in supporting the immune system to keep you in good health. Young Living has a whole line of Thieves products, some of which I will highlight below, as well as how I use Thieves to promote overall wellness in my home and family.
- Thieves can be used internally to strengthen your immune system from the inside-out. A great way to do this is to put a few drops in a capsule and take with some water. I also love making Thieves tea by adding a couple drops of Thieves, a couple drops of lemon, and some raw honey to a cup of hot water. The tea is very soothing to throats! My husband has come home from work with his throat bothering him a couple times in the last months, and both times I made him some tea and it instantly soothed him. He even said the next morning he woke up good as new. Both times! And when my teenage daughter comes home saying one of her friends weren’t feeling well, I make her some tea to help support her immune system so she stays healthy.
- I diffuse Thieves often in my home, especially when other children come over. Diffusing Thieves may help protect your family from undesirable microorganisms and bacteria in the air. I know it makes me feel confident that I am doing everything I can to help my loved ones stay healthy. And it smells AMAZING!
- Use a few drops to help you clean. By putting a few drops in your dishwasher (or dishwater if you’re old school like me), you can thoroughly clean your dishes while eliminating odors. Or you can add a couple drops to a mug of water and microwave for a minute. Then leave it in the microwave with the door closed for 10 minutes, after which your microwave will be super easy to wipe out, plus all that bacteria will be dead, leaving your microwave looking and smelling great.
- Thieves Spray. This is a great product that is part of Young Living’s Thieves line. It is a little spray bottle that is the perfect size for your purse or travel. In fact, I carry one in my purse at all times! Every time I go to the grocery store I spray down the child seat and handle of the cart. You can also spray down door handles, toilet seats, or any surface you need to clean while you’re out and about to protect from dust, mold, and undesirable microorganisms (pesky little things!) An added bonus to this spray is that you can also use it as a throat spray. I love it because it numbs my throat and brings quick relief!
- Thieves Concentrated Cleaner. The household cleaner is 100% plant and mineral based, biodegradable, and complies with EPA standards. Plus it is all-purpose. Seriously! You can use this stuff to clean floors, walls, upholstery, fabrics, carpets, glass, pots and pans, and as a de-greaser! Since it is concentrated, you only have to use a small amount, and the bottle gives you the correct dilution amounts for each of the jobs listed above. One cleaner, lots of uses!
- Dental Products. Young Living has a whole line of dental products that include 3 all-natural toothpastes that provide support for healthy gums, strong teeth, and fresh breath. And they are all flouride-free. Other products in the dental line include floss and mouthwash.
The Thieves product line also includes soap, wipes, hand purifier, and hard lozenges. Tons of great products to choose from, all with the immune supporting benefits of the Thieves oil.
So that is the low-down on Thieves essential oil. Now I bet you want to know how you can get it, right? Well it is exclusive to Young Living and can’t be bought in stores. But you can buy it right here!
Young Living has two great Premium Starter Kits that include Thieves. The first is the original Premium Starter Kit, which includes 11 oils, including Thieves, and a diffuser, plus a bunch of samples and wholesale membership for life. The other one is the Premium Starter Kit with Thieves, which is totally comprised of products from the Thieves line, including the oil, mouthwash, toothpaste, cleaner, handsoap, spray, and purifier. You also get a bunch of samples and wholesale membership for life with the Thieves kit. And if you order either of those through my link at the bottom of this page, I will send you a Quick Reference Guide (a $15 value) totally free. Plus check out my monthly promotion. Just make sure to keep my # in the sponsor and enroller spots. You can learn more about ordering here, or just follow the link and get started on the road to a healthier life today!
Young Living Membership Sign-Up Page
linked up at The Modest Mom