I’m excited to be doing my second post for Ask Away Friday, this time swapping questions with Echo, who blogs at The Domain of The Mad Mommy. Are you wondering why she is called that? I did too, and so I asked her! If you’d like to know, you will have to give her a visit and find out. Hint: It has to do with a book.
If you don’t know what Ask Away Friday is, it is basically a Q and A session with another blogger, to get to know each other and build friendships. If you are a blogger and would like to join, I would love to swap questions with you! Join the Facebook page here for more info.
On to the questions:
1) Naming my blog was a long and hard process. How did you come up with the name of your blog? I guess to understand the name of my blog, you would have to know who Rahab was. She was the harlot in the Bible who hid the spies for Joshua’s army when they were going to take over Jericho. Because of her faith in God and His people (Joshua and his army), her and her family were spared and she had a changed life, becoming one of the ancestor’s of Jesus. I love this story so much because it shows how incredible God’s grace is. You would think that a harlot would never be welcome into the family of God, but this proves otherwise. God changes lives and makes them so much better. I was a drug addict, promiscuous, living a life full of sin, but God welcomed me into His family with open arms and my life has never been the same. Although I write about all kinds of things on my blog, I wanted to give glory to Him in a big way, and what better way to do that than with the name.
2) What is your favorite part of blogging? Definitely the writing. And I love reading comments on my posts.
3) You are a homeschooler and a blogger, like me! How do you balance the two? Well, to be honest, I don’t feel like I am qualified to answer this! I just started blogging back in September, so I am still figuring it all out. I can tell you that at first I wasn’t balancing them very well. LOTS of my time was going into blogging and promoting on social media and all that fun stuff, and I wasn’t putting the same attention into my kids schooling as they deserved. I have since changed some things. For example, I now wake up at 5:30 am (which totally isn’t like me!) to read my Bible and then blog for a while before my kids get up. Then during school time I focus completely on them, and I usually try to get a little blogging done while they nap, or after they are in bed if I have a post I want to get up.
4) What is your favorite thing about homeschooling? Getting to spend all day with my kids. I know some moms are totally thinking I’m crazy right now, but I don’t know what I would do with myself if they weren’t around. Every day is an adventure and a comedy!
5) With 5 kids, you have to have an arsenal or quick and easy recipes. What is your go-to quick recipe? This is something that changes frequently. For a while it was spaghetti, during colder seasons it is usually chicken and rice soup, and in the summer it is often carne asada on the grill. Right now we have been eating chicken fajitas A LOT! I grill up a bunch of chicken on the George Foreman, then saute some bell peppers and onions and serve with rice and beans, which are a staple in my house. My hubby is mexican, so he has to have them, lol.
6) What is your absolute favorite thing to cook? Probably Albondigas. It is a mexican meatball soup with carrots and potatoes. The only thing I don’t like to do is peel the potatoes, but I usually ask my teenager to do that part! I also really like to bake bread. It makes the whole house smell delicious and tastes so yummy right out of the oven with some butter. Totally not good for my weight but great for my taste buds!
7) What is your #1 comfort food? Bread. And chocolate. I could live on bread and chocolate!
8) My biggest guilty pleasure is watching bad reality TV. What is your biggest guilty pleasure? Hmmmm…..I plead the 5th!
9) If you could have one thing given to you right now, what would it be? This one is easy. It is my husband’s and my dream to one day own a ranch house on a couple acres of land. So if anyone has one they are willing to part with…(smile)
10) I am craving a tropical vacation! If you could go on a tropical vacation, all expenses paid, where would you go? I really don’t know. I’ve never been to Mexico and my husband really wants to take me to Cancun. I would like to go to Hawaii. Really anywhere exotic and tropical. I’ve never traveled father than a couple states away, so it would all be new and exiting to me!
And that’s it! I’d love to hear any of your answers to these questions in the comments! I hope you’ll come back next week for another exciting episode of Ask Away Friday!
Are you on Facebook? If so, I’d love to connect!