Print out these Bible verses to memorize in January.
Happy New Year everyone! Last year was such an amazing year for myself and my family. We welcomed a new baby into our home, I started this blog, and started my Essential Oil business. I am looking forward to all the great things 2015 will have in store!
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions? I always do, although in the past I have never completely achieved them all. That’s ok, because at least I am working on them and working on improving myself and my relationships. Here are my 2015 New Year’s Resolutions. If you made any, I would love to hear about them in the comments.
- Read my Bible first thing every morning–I know when I do this, I feel so much more prepared to tackle anything the day has for me. Plus, God deserves my attentions first. I know with 5 children there are some days where I will have to hit the ground running and get to my Bible reading when I can, but my goal is to meet with God before anything else.
- Memorize 4 verses per month. I will be posting them here on the blog the first of every month, so you can print them out and memorize along with me.
- Work-Out 3x’s a week
- Lose 30 pounds–I really want to lose about 60 pounds, but I want to lose it and keep it off, so I am starting with just 30.
- Read 12 chapter books out loud to my kiddos, in addition to our school work. I love cuddling on the couch and reading to my children. Not only is it a great bonding time, but it instills in them a love of reading.
- Family game night 2 times a month. This specific resolution was made with my older children in mind. They love playing games but sometimes it is hard with toddlers and babies, so I am going to be intentional this year about setting aside time just for this. If it’s important to my children, it should be important to me.
- Go on 4 mommy dates with each child this year.
- Read “The Five Love Languages” with my husband.
- Write my husband a love note each week.
Blogging & Business
- Write 3 blog posts per week. I would like to do 5, but I realize I am a busy home schooling mom, so I will shoot for 3.
- Write 2 essential oil posts per month, highlighting the benefits of a specific oil.
- Set-up and stick to a social media posting schedule.
- Help 4 people to start their own essential oils business. If you are interested in learning more about essential oils and how you can turn it into a business, Contact Me. Even if you don’t want to start a business but are interested in learning more about how they can benefit your family, let me know. I would love to help you get started!
I know this is a lot of goals, but I have a whole year to complete them. I love the quote, “Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you will land among the stars.” As long as I work towards these goals, I will have grown from the person I am today.
Now for the Bible verses. I will be printing these out and hanging them around my house so I can memorize them all month. I would love for you to join me in Bible memorization this year. Leave a comment if you are going to be memorizing these verses, or even if you have different ones in mind. I’d love to hear about your progress! The Bible tells us to hide God’s Word in our heart, and I believe memorizing is a great way to do that.
The first verse is:
This verse is why I make goals every year. If you don’t have a vision, you won’t grow, and if you don’t grow, you will perish.
The second verse is:
I love the new year, because it signifies a new start. Even if last year wasn’t so great for you, it is gone! It’s in the past. It’s a new year, time for new things! And I love that when I let Jesus into my heart, He changed me in ways I didn’t think were possible. I am truly a new creation, and I am so thankful He died on the cross for me.
The third verse (actually set of verses) is:
The Proverbs 31 woman is a great example of a wife and mother. Each month I will be memorizing more of this passage and trying to incorporate her character into my life.
The fourth verse is Isaiah 40:28. I love this verse because it portrays how amazing our Creator God is. He doesn’t faint or grow weary. He is always there for us. (I accidentally deleted this file on my computer this morning, but luckily I still have the printable version, so you can see it there.)
Click here to print out these verses.
I am so happy to have you as a reader! I’d love to hear about your resolutions or your Bible memorization in the comments. And I would love for you to subscribe to my weekly newsletter so you don’t miss anything.
I sometimes link-up to these awesome blogs.