As a stay at home mom, I have often looked for ways to increase my family’s income.
I tried mystery shopping. That worked out for a little while, but it became a hassle the more children I had, and ended up just not being worth the $15 I would make for each shop.
I tried taking surveys and Swagbucks. This route was a blessing for me a couple Christmas’s ago when we had no extra money and I was able to get my children their Christmas gifts with the Amazon gift cards I was earning. But it wasn’t cash in my pocket to pay the bills, and it took A LOT of time just to get enough for a $5 gift card. Often I would get started on a survey only to find out 5-10 minutes into it that I didn’t qualify, so that was a huge waste of time.
I’ve had yard sales, and while those are a great way to earn a lump sum of money quickly, it isn’t a reliable form of income.
Then there are the Facebook yard sale sites and Craigslist. Not only can it be dangerous meeting someone you don’t know (especially with a car full of kids in tow), but I got tired of being stood up, people haggling over prices, and then all the general drama that goes along with it. Not to mention that eventually you run out of good stuff to sell.
A couple summers ago, my children and I sold candy bars door to door to earn enough money to pay for our vacation to San Diego. Did it work? Yes. Was it hard work? Yes. Especially in the California summer sun. I even had a couple houses all but call me a bad parent for having my children out selling door to door in the heat. We still do the occasional fundraiser for sports, but those aren’t as intense as needing the money for something.
Needless to say, I’ve tried it all. Nothing stuck, because nothing was worth it in the long run. I was exerting precious time and energy for minimal reward.
Enter in Young Living essential oils. I started using them last June to try to fix some health problems my family and I were having, and I was BLOWN AWAY by how well they worked! I started telling everyone I knew how well they were working for us, and by August I had decided to pursue the business side. People were interested and wanting to buy them anyway, so I figured they might as well buy them from me! Here it is, 8 months later, and my business is growing and my family is healthier than we’ve ever been. I am convinced that Young Living is the best work from home opportunity around, and here are my reasons why:
1) I’m going to be using the product anyways! What I love about Young Living is there is never any pressure to sell once you become a member. There are no monthly quotas to reach and nobody breathing down your back. In fact, most people who become members never do start the business side, and that’s okay. These products are awesome, and I would be using them even if there wasn’t an opportunity to be earning money. That is a mark of a great sales company, in my opinion!
2) I’m going to be telling people about these products anyways! Like I said before, these oils are amazing. And with anything that you truly love, you will naturally be telling your friends and family. We all tell our friends and family about the last great movie we saw, the huge sale going on at the mall, the best sandwich we just ate at the deli downtown. So why not make money off your recommendations?
3) You don’t have to have a bunch of inventory on hand! In fact, since all ordering is done online and gets shipped directly to the customers door, you don’t ever have to deal with inventory. The only thing recommended is to have the Premium Starter Kit and carry a few oils around with you so that you can share with people and let them see for themselves how well they work. Really–these oils sell themselves! And if you are somewhat on the disorganized side (raises hand!), you don’t have to worry about finding a place to keep all the inventory you would have to have in stock.
4) You don’t have to be a pushy salesman! Nobody likes trying to sell things to their friends. But like I said before, these oils really sell themselves. When you hear someone complaining about something, you can offer them an oil to try, and when they want more you can direct them to your ordering link. Easy peasy.
5) Awesome support from your leaders! Now I can’t speak for every team in Young Living, but mine is amazing!!! We have business groups on Facebook with free training and resources, and they are always available to answer questions and give you advice. I know I wouldn’t be doing as well or having as much fun if it weren’t for them. They truly want you to succeed!
6) Lots of different oils and supplements! I know there are some great companies out there with a great product, but they only have a few things to offer. Young Living has the largest variety of different single oils and blends on the market, and lots of different wellness supplements, and even a few beauty products–there really is something for everyone and for every need!
7) Young Living is a company I can trust! They have been in business for over 20 years, and they are the ONLY essential oil company out there with a Seed to Seal guarantee. You can check out their webpage here for more information. Bottom line–I don’t have to worry about whether what I am putting on my family is safe or not, and I don’t have to second guess myself when I recommend them to a friend.
8) Low initial investment! I have looked into some other direct sales companies, and not only was it expensive to join, but most of that price was for inventory that you weren’t even able to use yourself. When you buy a Premium Starter Kit with Young Living, you also get a wholesale membership which allows you to do the business, if you want to. And the best part? The oils in the kit are for you and your family to use, and to show to friends who are interested. For $160, you get 11 full-size bottles of oils, a diffuser, a bunch of samples to share, and wholesale membership for life. Even if you don’t ever want to turn this into a home business, that is a great price, because at retail that would all be over $300! And it is an investment into your family’s health.
9) Extremely generous compensation plan! I will point out now that this isn’t some get rich quick scheme. It does take time and work. But it is actually worth it, as opposed to all the examples I gave before. For the first few months of doing the business, I made enough to pay for my oils each month. Now, after some trial and error, perseverance, and taking advantage of all the FREE business training helps in the groups, my monthly income has more than tripled, and I know it will keep growing. There is no limit to what you can earn each month-it really depends on how dedicated you are. I will tell you though, you definitely get out of it what you put into it. Unlike some other companies where you may feel like you are working super hard for hardly any payout. And because Young Living chose the network marketing approach, they don’t have to pay advertisers or large companies to distribute their products, or leases on brick and mortar stores, so all that profit gets funneled into regular people like you and I who are running our own business through them. (Link to Young Living’s Income Disclosure)
10) This is a great way for bloggers to monetize their blog! Because all ordering is done online, you never actually have to meet people face to face for them to order. Readers can come to your blog and choose to order directly from your link. Or your Facebook page. BUT–you also don’t have to have a blog to do this business. There are people who have been very successful that didn’t even have a personal Facebook page!
And the #1 reason why this is such a great business–I get to stay home and homeschool my children. I set my own schedule and it works around my life, not the other way around!
So if you’ve been looking for an opportunity to make some money from home and set your own hours, this might just be the right fit for you! If you start the business and then later on decide it isn’t for you, at least you will still have the oils, diffuser, and great freebies. There is absolutely no obligation to do this for a set period of time or any monthly quotas to meet. But I’ll bet that once you start having as much fun as I am, you won’t want to stop!
If you want to get started taking control of your health and financial future, follow the link below to check out my monthly specials and to order your Premium Starter Kit, and then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know that you want to be a business builder, so I can send you your freebies and get you started with training. And if you have any questions at all before getting started, send me an email or fill out my Contact Form.
Monthly Special on the Premium Starter Kit <—click here
and leave my #1886677 in the Enroller and Sponsor spots.
If you aren’t interested in the business but want to learn more about essential oils, that’s fine, too! The monthly special is for everyone.
I look forward to helping you on your journey!